Things have been busy, yet not busy over here. Does that make sense? Busy in that having three kids is busy….not like we’ve been up to a ton of fun and exciting things. The Girl in the Red Shoes….bringing you the most exciting blog posts ever. But for real…here are three updates on each of us!
1. On January 2nd, right before bedtime, Hudson lost his first tooth! This tooth had been loose for at least 3 months, so it was about time! The few days leading up to his tooth coming out, we knew it was really loose….like wiggling all over the place! Every morning he would ask me if today was the day it would finally fall out….he was so dang excited! After brushing his teeth I helped him floss and noticed it was just hanging there. So I just pulled it out! He said it was the best day ever. Thankfully I was prepared and had this cute tooth fairy kit and keepsake on hand. He loved it! I can’t believe my baby is growing up. I just love that little whole in his smile so much!
2. This weekend Hudson got to go snowboarding with a group at school. They paired each little kid up with a high schooler and he LOVED it. Jon didn’t get any pictures….big fat blogger husband fail.
3. We’ve been reading to Hudson every day, and now he likes to “read” to Sadie at bedtime. He picks a book he has memorized and “reads” it to her. They both LOVE it and it makes my heart so happy to see them spending time together. He can be the best big brother (when he wants to be).
1. Sadie is such a social butterfly! It’s so funny seeing all the differences between her and Hudson. When Hudson was in pre-school I had to call his friend’s mom to get any information. But Sadie? She tells us everything! What they had to eat and who she played with and all the songs they sang that day. I LOVE it.
2. Speaking of singing, Sadie LOVES to sing. I always catch her singing a song or making one up on her own. It is the cutest thing ever.
3. We are all dresses, and all pink, all the time. Much to Jon’s dismay, Sadie is ALL GIRL and wants to wear pink and purple all the time. And it MUST be a dress. And I LOVE it.
1. Belle continues to blow us away with her speech. I’ve heard that second, or third, children are often a little late to talk because their older sibling talks for them. Sadie talks for Belle all the time, but it hasn’t slowed Belle down ONE BIT. Girlfriend can talk in sentences and it just amazes us. When you ask her a question, her first response is always “NO”….but now if you ask her again, sometimes she’ll say “yeah”….and it cracks me up!
2. She LOVES to sing and dance, just like big sister. Her favorites are “baby shark” “the wheels on the bus” “head, shoulders, knees, and toes” and “monkeys jumping on the bed”. When she sings sometimes she’ll say “shakin’ my booty!” and I could just die from the cuteness.
3. As soon as I get my camera out, she shouts “CHEESE!” and if I miss that photo op, then, well, she’s DONE. She did her one “cheese” and that should be that. She DOES NOT want to take any more photos. Poor blogger baby.
Side note: Sadie’s snow photo and Belle’s photo were taken just three days apart. Isn’t that crazy???
1. My one and only new year’s resolution was to stay on top of my laundry. The ONLY way to do this is to do one load of laundry per day. So far I’ve been doing about a B+…..most days I remember to throw a load in, but I’ve forgotten a few times. But seriously staying on top of my laundry feels SOOOOO good! I hate when it piles up and I have to do several loads in one day.
2. I asked my followers what you all wanted to see on my blog, and hands down the most popular answer was every day life stuff! I often think I’m too boring….but you know what, I never feel that way about other mom bloggers. I always like to read their every day normal type of stuff…..so why don’t I just do the same for all of you? I PROMISE to be better at that kind of stuff this year!
3. I think I have a stuffed animal problem. I seriously don’t want ANYMORE in my house….because three kids who all love stuffed animals really starts to get overwhelming. But dang I just love them. And my kids all must get that from me. Because as much as I say “no more stuffed animals” I’m always buying more. I remember getting several stuffed animals one Christmas as a kid and I cried because I couldn’t love them all enough and give them each special attention. See, I told you I have a problem!
Laundry – UGH!!!! Good look with that – I hope you can do! 1 load a day is my rule too – its about 75/25 on whether or not it happens!
Rachel G says
I think I totally feel the same way about myself, that my “everyday life” is too boring to blog about on many occasions…but we have to realize, that’s not really true! I think blogs are at their best when talking about everyday life, those are the similarities that moms all over the world can bond over! I love how each of your kids has such different personalities and excitement over life!!
Just a quick note to tell the general public about a great man who brought my husband back to me after 11 years, his name is Dr. OKO. My husband was snatched from me by another woman when I went to see my sick mother, I came home to meet the house empty my husband was not at home, he wan’t picking call none will he call back. I was left alone with our 4 years old baby, he was gone for 11 years but just a month ago a friend of mine called me to tell about oko and she gave me his contact and I did contacted him and he told me my husband was with another woman. Also, he said he will bring back my husband within a few days, I thought it was a joke but behold my husband came home begging for forgiveness just as OKO promised. Off course I forgave my husband everything became normal even more that it was before. You too can be helped by him if interested through: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/whatsapp: +2348131684022.