Instead I’m the girl that:
– Feeds her husband grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup for dinner way too many times to count.
– Considers it a good week if I make it to the gym 3 times.
– Picks a fight with my husband about putting dirty laundry away…right before he leaves for work.
– Lets my anger over said laundry build up so that when it finally spills out of me I make a bigger deal out of it than I need to. And then I cry.
– Lets the dog pee on the snow covered deck because she’s too lazy to actually take him outside herself.
– Wears mis-matched pajamas to bed.
– Eats ice cream way more often than she should.
– Gets the news from people.com.
I beat myself up constantly. But I’m not perfect. This is real life.
So sometimes you have to cut yourself a break. Tonight I’m going to indulge in this.
The Shabby Princess says
::jumps up and down like a child:: That is the BEST ICE CREAM EVER!!!
I don't think anyone can do everything you just listed–I know I sure as heck can't! And I don't think I even own matching pajamas. Ha!
I adore this post because there are so many bloggers out there who paint the perfect life and lets face it, we know that's not true! I love being perfectly imperfect and girl that thin mint ice cream…to DIE for! Enjoy it!
I love your list! I think that's the perfect life because it is "do-able"!!! I want that ice-cream now!!! YUMM!!!
Sara Elizabeth says
That looks TASTY.
Seriously Julie I SO WISH WE LIVED CLOSER TO EACH OTHER. I couldn't help but laugh at these things because I am the exact same way… except for
– I consider it a good week if I work out at least 1 time!! So your 3 times is amazing to me.
– Grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup are way better than my CEREAL nights haha. (And sometimes we only have rice krispies (for when we make rice krisipie treats)– talk about blah)
– I have never ever matched my pjs… and sadly I got an over sized night gown that says "she sleeps with cats" as a gag gift 2 Christmas's ago but it's seriously my favorite thing to wear at night. I always wear it when Kyle's out of town, but somtimes if I go to bed before him I'll sneak it on like he'll never know 🙂
– Is it bad that for the past 2 nights I've eaten ice cream BEFORE my dinner. Edy's cake batter ice cream is just amazing.
We definitely aren't perfect, but luckily have found the perfect men for us that tolerate these things 🙂
This is reality! Always kiss & make-up. Don't stress about the little things.
Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife says
Girl, I am right there with you!
Enjoy the ice cream!!!
Chicago Cuisine Critique says
Who doesn't love thin mints? Yum! Eat some of that for me. 🙂
Your wish list at the top, so how I feel!! I don't know how anyone could do it all!! I definitely know what it's like to let something build til its too big and you're crying… Oh to be a girl trying to have it all!! 🙂
I love your list!! Because it's 100% real! People like to pretend they have everything together.. but in reality we're all eating grilled cheeses for dinner 😉 enjoy your thin mint ice cream!! I've been dying to try it!
me too girl! and i think ice cream is a must!! 🙂
I don't even own a pair of cute pajamas…I have a few pairs of Old Navy pj pants that I wear with my old UGA t-shirts that I've had since 2002!
I do keep up with washing our laundry but I am terrible about folding & putting it up. Our guest bed is usually covered in a huge pile of clean laundry!
Miss Chelsea says
Eh who wants to be perfect anyways… what's the fun in that?!
I think it's important to remember we're human – although I often want to achieve all those perfect things myself! At the end of the day, though, if Russ and I are happy (and the Pup, too of course) then I consider it to be a pretty darn good day!
I have GOT to get me some of that ice cream!!!
YUMMY!! I love the mint and cookies icecream by Edy's too. So good! And it's fine that you're not perfect. I don't know one person that is. Even the people that look put together. You're right, cut yourself a break!
LOVE this post! Now I am on the hunt for that delish ice cream. I love thin mints!
I'm that kind of girl too! Except I don't make it to the gym anywhere close to 3 times a week. Enjoy that Thin Mint ice cream – yum!
I think that we would all like to be perfect but what fun would that be? Just enjoy the ice cream and read a good book. Some days we just need a break.
Classy Fab Sarah says
First of all… I WANT THAT ICE CREAM. Nom nom.
I make dinner about three times a week. Frozen pizza counts as one of those meals.
I cry about laundry about once a month. I just can't get it put away!
I don't even wear PJs… just the same sweats I wear on my days off.
I don't go to the gym, ever.
And I've actually stopped eating as much ice cream. Hard to fit it in with all the candy.
Yay real life!
Oh my goodness…Girl Scout Cookie ice cream…I need to get my hands on that!!
And personally, your "imperfections" sound perfect to me!! You are perfect just the way you are:)
minus the ice cream [lac intol] I do all of these things way too often. Don't feel bad about it one bit! =) We love ya regardless.. and a certain grilled cheese muncher does too =)
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons
Oh my !!! How did I NOT Know that Girl Scouts made their famous cookies into ICE CREAM?!?! I wonder if my Grocery store out west has it!?!? I'm so jealous!!! enjoy!!! you deserve it!!!
I didn't know there WAS anything else to feed husbands besides grilled cheese and chicken soup! 😉
PS-I NEVER wear matching pjs…I usuallynwear his oversized ones! (Hopefully he's ok with this!)
Eat the crap outta that ice cream! You deserve it! 🙂
Wow – I feel like I could have written this! Don't be so hard on yourself 🙂
erin vancura says
i'm indulging right along with you. . . because of real life 🙂
I learned when I had Renee to let things go, but it is so hard. We are all our worst critics. You always manage to get in here looking beautiful!!!
Goodness….you can't be "that girl" because she doesn't exist! You have a great husband who adores you and I can't even tell you how proud I am of the person you are and the life you lead. God has blessed you with tremendous talent, beauty and compassion. Enjoy your gifts and embrace the fact that you can not control everything…..including dirty laundry!
and…. that ice cream is AMAZING!!!
Rambling Girl says
Eat ice cram and don't feel bad…we all have bad weeks and can't do it all…who does anyway? I would like to meet them….they probably are way to boring if they do.
Thank you for this post! I feel this way often and I'm glad to read someone else out there being honest about it. But I gotta say, you look pretty darn put together!