Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate Hudson’s 7th birthday! I received lots of requests to share his favorite birthday presents, so here you go! I know how hard it is to shop for boys once they get a little older, so I hope you find this list helpful!
1. Remote Control Car. Okay, here me out on this one. If you have a seven year old boy you probably have a few remote control cars already…..but this one is SO great and affordable! Hudson received this from a buddy and it is so cool! It can go down stairs and flip over somehow? And the best part is it STAYS CHARGED for a good amount of time. And all the boy moms said AMEN. I’m grabbing one to add to my birthday party stash.
2. Spot It. This is a timeless game that I actually had been meaning to pick up for Hudson and kept forgetting. He received it at his birthday party and I already know it’s going to be a family favorite that Sadie can play too.
3. Skate Board. Hudson actually got this for Christmas but it’s just so dang good. It’s perfect for ages 6-8 and comes in a ton of colors. It’s been his favorite all summer.
4. Hot Wheels AI. This was Hudson’s big gift from us this year. And it has turned out to be a family favorite! It’s basically a smarter version of the racing cars you might have had as a kid. The cars have several different modes from “practice” where you just have to hold down a button and the car races around the track perfectly at 3 different speeds, all the way to manually steering the car yourself. You program each car based on your skill level, so everyone can play at the same time. Even my four year old can do it! This is the perfect gift for older kids who have a younger sibling! Plus track can be configured in a ton of different ways. Hudson had been begging for this and it did not disappoint!
5. Laser Tag. This is such a cool gift….but it’s the one thing we haven’t actually given Hudson yet….it’s hiding out in our closet until Christmas. BUT I’ve heard such great things about it I HAD to include it! It comes with four laser guns so you can play as a family. Your gun acts as a target and you get 9 lives each game. I know it’s going to be a huge hit in our house.
6. Nintendo Switch Labo Varitey Kit. My husband found this and it is SO cool! If you have a Nintendo Switch, which we do, this kit is filled with 5 different projects you build and then use them on your switch to play different games. Hudson thought it was so fun and I love that it adds another component to playing a video game.
7. Dr. Eureka. This is such a cool game that combines speed, logic, and science. It will be a family favorite, I’m sure.
8. Sequin Snake. This was such a massive hit with Hudson that I had to include it. It has sequins on it that you can use your hand to swipe up or down and they change colors. Plus it’s a giant snake. I mean, win-win.
9. Magnet Tiles. These are just like magnatiles, but more affordable (and basically identical). We purchased a set for Hudson’s class and he loved them so much that he came home and begged to add them to his birthday list. This would make such a great gift to have on hand because even if the child has some of these already, they ALWAYS need more. All three of my kids (ages 2, 4, and 7) enjoy them.
*this post contains affiliate links.