Happy Monday friends! Let’s talk about pregnancy DENIAL. Because I am suffering big time.
1. I can’t believe we are going to have a baby in 3 weeks (or less….hopefully less). Where did the time go? Didn’t I just announce I was expecting? Once you hit 30 weeks, it’s all down hill from there.
2. If you are wondering why I haven’t posted about the baby’s nursery, it’s because it still pretty much looks like this. But we have a sheet on the crib now (thanks mom!). And a dresser that is in parts on the floor. See what I mean about denial?
3. Also, speaking of denial…..I have a major problem. I can’t get my wedding rings off of my finger. I tried a few weeks ago (I think?) when my hands were having a particularly swelly day to take them off and they wouldn’t budge….so I just made a mental note to try again the next day. And hello mom brain/denial…..here we are a few weeks later and they WILL NOT BUDGE. We tried everything yesterday and my poor finger is all kinds of mad at me and life now. In my defense, my rings are a full size smaller than when I was pregnant with Hudson. (Having Hudson and breastfeeding him sucked the fat out of me and my rings were clanking around….so we had them resized down and soldered together). It’s been hot and humid the last few days and is supposed to cool down tomorrow. We are going to attempt a technique I found on you tube (don’t google it, it will make you sick)….so please pray that it works. Otherwise I’m going to be THAT girl that needs her rings cut off. So embarrassing that I let it get this bad.
4. I panicked a bit this weekend and bought a ton of little things we still needed: diapers, wipes, new mattress pads, a changing pad and cover, a few picture frames for the wall, and new breast pump tubing. All such glamorous stuff, I know….but I feel a little better.
5. I sorted through Hudson’s baby clothes and we have a lot less gender neutral stuff than I thought we did. But a girl can wear dinosaur jammies right?
Send help. And a giant virgin margarita.