Some days I’m on top of things and feel like a supermom. I get my to-do list done, the kids all eat their dinner without complaining, and they don’t fight bed time. But that’s just some days. Most days I feel like I’m in survival mode. I take everything in 30-minute increments. “If I can just make dinner really quickly, I’ll be okay.” “If I can survive 30 minutes of raking leaves with the kids we will all be in a better mood.” “If I can just get through these last 30 minutes until Jon gets home from work, I can hide in the pantry and eat some Halloween candy in peace!” That kind of stuff. Most days we have a crazy count down to bath time…my most favorite time of the day! Read on to see how my partnership with Baby Dove plays a fun role in our bath time routine!
Days at home with three kids are tiring. And overwhelming. Some days things will be running smoothly and I’ll feel on top of the world…and then, a switch flips and 4:30 p.m. rolls around and everyone goes BANANAS. All three are hungry or tired or want to show me something, or need to potty, or all three need me to hold them at the same time. Yep, most days look like this. My husband makes me feel so satisfied when he offers up a simple “I don’t know how you do it!” That’s right. I’m supermom. Only I can do it. And I’m proud!” But tired. So, so tired.
But then bath time rolls around, FINALLY, and I feel like if I can just stick to the routine then all will be fine. My kids thrive on routine. And so do I. Here’s how I survive bath time with three kids.
- I let them go nuts. Yep, I let them make a mess. It’s easier to let them splash and have fun and make a little bit of a mess than it is to be constantly reminding them to stop splashing. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t let them dump the entire contents of the bathtub out on the floor. But I’m fine with a little extra clean up. Because they are happy. So I’m happy. I’m choosing my battles here.
- We make it fun. We add bath crayons or tabs that fizz and change the color of the water. Or we bring toys that aren’t bath toys in to the tub. Or I randomly turn the lights off and we take a bath by flashlight. I know…crazy stuff, right? The silly simple things make my kids LOVE bath time. Which means I LOVE bath time.
- We laugh. A lot. Having three kids is kind of a blast.
- We have “naked town” right after a bath. I don’t even know how this started but Hudson and Sadie will BEG to run around naked and crazy for a few minutes after bath time. And for some reason they call it “naked town”…I don’t even know! And, yes it’s a bit chaotic. But it makes them laugh like there’s no tomorrow, so we do it. I try and be a “yes” mom when I can. And these things are the easy things to say yes to.
- We play “mermaid hair.” Again, I’m not sure how this got its name, but it has made washing three heads of hair so much easier. I use the Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Bar to wash their skin as well as Baby Dove Rich Moisture Tip to Toe Wash on their bodies and their hair. Then, each kid takes a turn laying down in the tub and letting their “mermaid hair” rinse off in the water. They think it’s the best thing ever.
- I think about how these are the moments they will always remember. It’s not the big presents or extravagant outings. It’s the little daily things we do together as a family. These moments are worth the five extra minutes it takes me to clean up.
- I take the time to tickle those little bellies, and rub them down with Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Lotion. It gently moisturizes my kids’ skin and keeps them soft and sweet all day.
I love incorporating Baby Dove cleansers and lotions in to our daily bath time routine and have been using them since Belle was born. All three kids have my sensitive skin, and Baby Dove is the only product I trust to care for their skin and replenish the moisture lost during a typical bath. All Baby Dove products are dermatologist and pediatrician tested, hypoallergenic, and created with no dyes, no parabens, and no phthalates.
Baby Dove cleansers and lotions contain nutrients that are 100% identical to those found naturally in a baby or child’s skin and are ultra-gentle on their delicate skin. Plus, my kids always smell so fresh and clean after their bath. It’s my absolute favorite! Sign up here for a coupon to save on your next Baby Dove purchase, and don’t forget to check out their adorable new video.
This post is sponsored by Baby Dove, but our love of their products is all our own.
I only wish they would have come out with this line when my kids were babies. I’m such a fan of Dove.
I love all things Dove.
OM I love all the pics, your kids are sooooo beautiful <3
Now that’s how you do it
Amber Battishill says
We totally do the mermaid hair too! It makes rinsing so much easier and less of a fight! Your kiddos are so adorable!
Crystal // Dreams, etc. says
Your kids are so cute! Sounds like you do some great things to make bath time easier!
Shani | Sunshine & Munchkins says
Our older two kids take showers most of the time, but they love when they get to do baths!