A few weeks ago I made these stuffed bell peppers and they were amazing! The husband and I couldn’t get enough. Plus, they were super easy to make and are healthy. And despite my crummy iphone photo, they look quite impressive too! So, I thought I’d share the recipe with all of you.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 6 large bell peppers
– 1 lb lean ground turkey
– 1 cup cooked brown rice
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp garlic salt
– 15 oz canned tomato sauce
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I used skim)
– Cut off the top of the peppers, clean out the seeds and wash them really well.
– Cook peppers in boiling salt water for 5 minutes, then drain.
– Cook the turkey and onion until onion is tender. Drain off any fat.
– Stir in salt, garlic salt, cooked rice, and 1 1/2 cups of the tomato sauce. Heat through.
– Stuff each pepper with the meat mixture.
– Stand peppers upright in a baking dish.
– Pour remaining tomato sauce over the peppers.
– Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered, then uncover and top peppers with shredded mozzarella and bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes
– Enjoy! I served ours with yummy cornbread.