Doesn’t it look delicious? And guess what….it’s easy! It is by far the easiest dessert to make….and it yields the most compliments and requests for the recipe every time I make it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Some cake. For a fruit trifle I like to use angel food cake….it keeps everything light.
2. Some pudding. I like to use sugar free fat free vanilla. I’ve had the full fat/sugar kind and really, it doesn’t make the trifle any better, so save yourself some calories and get sugar free. And buy the large box, not the small one.
3. Some whipping cream. You really need a little more than I have pictured above….I sort of ran out. So buy two small cartons. And yes, you have to whip the cream yourself! It’s not hard at all. And it tastes better than the pre-made stuff.
4. Some fruit. Strawberries and bananas are a must. Sometimes my mom makes this with blueberries too, but I don’t like them so I left them out. Really you can use any fruit you like.
5. A pretty trifle bowl….I can’t stress this enough! You can get one for cheap from Bed Bath and Beyond.
I’m linking up with one of my favorite blogs, These are a few of my favorite things, for How-To Tuesday!
Thanks for stopping by!