I’ve been thinking about goals (I mean, who hasn’t?) for 2011. More specifically I feel like there are a lot of things I would like to do to our house to make it more “us”….or maybe since the husband doesn’t care about decorating, more “me”.
I’m hoping that if I write it down here I’ll actually do all of these things.
1. Paint our front door red. I’ve wanted to do this since we moved in almost 2 years ago. Time to get going!
2. Get a new cute mailbox. I don’t like the one that came with our house. I want one with a post and address like the one above.
3. Find some white chairs to go with our dining room table and the two chairs we currently have. I love the miss-matched look, but don’t like our black chairs.
4. Replace the light fixture and hardware in the downstairs bathroom. It’s ugly. End of story.
5. Paint our upstairs hallway and two extra bedrooms.
6. Re-do the upstairs guest bathroom. More specifically, paint the cabinets white, remove the ugly mirror and replace it with a cuter one, replace the light fixture, and paint the walls.
7. Add some built in shelving in the dining room. I’m obsessed with what they did over at The Old Painted Cottage. Love love love.
8. Buy wood blinds (or faux wood blinds) for our house! Our house was a foreclosure, so the previous owners took all of the window treatments with them. We’ve been getting by with shades and curtains, but enough is enough!