1. Dirty hair is the new black. Yep, I said it. Dirty hair is the way to go as a busy mom. In order to make this look work for you, you have to train your hair to go without washing. Because who has time to wash their hair every day? I certainly do not. Before kids, I washed my hair every other day. On day two my hair was greasy and gross so I always washed it. Then, when I got pregnant with my first, I started stretching it out to every three days. And now that I have three kids it’s more like I wash it once every 5 days! But this takes time. Start slow by adding just one day. After two weeks try adding in another day. Your hair will adjust to less washings over time and it will actually be healthier! This tip saves me SO much time!
2. Pick products that are good for you and your hair. There is no way I would be able to go so long without washing my hair without an amazing shampoo and conditioner. I recently stopped using conventional shampoos and conditioners and made the switch to more natural products. I currently use Everyone™ Balance products to help bring my oily or dry (depends on the day!) hair back into balance and I really love it! Everyone™ products are made with plant-based ingredients and 100% pure essential oils to support nourished, bolder, and more beautifully balanced hair.
3. Invest in the right tools. Buy yourself a nice blow dryer that will cut down on your drying time. Invest in a curling iron that will hold up to multiple uses and doesn’t damage your hair. I like the Hot Tools brand.
4. Have a rotation that works for you. I have a typical routine with my hair. The first day it’s clean I curl it with a curling iron and set it with hair spray. I try to leave it down and not mess with it too much the first day so the curls stay intact. On day two, I touch up the curls with the curling iron. On day three, I usually brush through the curls with my fingers for a softer look. On day four, I usually style it in a low or high pony tail, depending on my mood. Which brings me to day 5…..
5. Love the top not. Need I say more? Some days you just have to throw your hair up in a top not or bun and call it good. I rock this looks frequently these days…so much so that I wore my hair down yesterday and Sadie couldn’t stop touching it and asking to brush it. That right there tells you how often I wear it down.
6. Make time for a haircut! This one is tough, but it’s so important. As a busy mom I’m constantly shedding hair thanks to all those fabulous hormones! My stylist knows this and knows just how to cut my hair so that it still works even though I’m shedding like a dog.
7. Cut yourself some slack. Your hair doesn’t always have to be perfect. Some days it looks a hot mess. But what matters most is that you make time to take care of yourself…and that you learn to love your hair.
Everyone™ products are researched, developed, formulated, and bottled in a zero waste, certified organic, and cruelty free manufacturing facility in California. EO Products believes in full transparency about the people and processes behind their products. I love that the EO products are safe for my whole family and don’t break the bank. This family-owned, natural body care brand can be found at your local Walmart. I love that I don’t have to choose between a product I can afford and a product that’s good for me and my family.