Oh this man of mine. Between two kids, busy schedules, and household chores, it’s tough for us to squeeze in some alone time. Now more than ever we have realized how important it is to spend some one-on-one time together. We love to sneak out of the house together to grab some dinner…but let’s be real….we don’t get to do that very often. So, we try and have some date nights in whenever possible. Here are a few of the things we love to do to keep that magic alive…..
1. Rent a movie. This is always our go to “staying in” date. We love to pop some popcorn and snuggle up on the couch with a good movie. And I mostly make it through without falling asleep. Mostly.
2. Go for a walk. Usually we pack Sadie up in the stroller and put Hudson on his bike and take a stroll through the neighborhood. Both kids are occupied and it gives us some time to chat and catch each other up on our day.
3. Make dinner together. Usually I’m the one who does most of the cooking, but when we get a chance Jon and I will work together in the kitchen. Usually we are also wrangling one or two kids, but hey, we can multi-task! And there is nothing quite like watching your man cook…am I right ladies?
4. Call reinforcements. Sometimes we will call in some reinforcements in the form of grandparents to help entertain the kids while we work on a project together around the house. Sometimes it’s something as simple (or hard, depending on how you follow directions) as installing carseats together, or moving furniture around, and sometimes it’s a bigger task. But what matters is that we are together and don’t have to worry about the kids!
5. Enjoy a special treat together. My husband and I love to indulge in something sweet after we get the kids to bed. Lately we’ve been enjoying a yummy chocolatey treat thanks to Skinny Cow! We are both straight up obsessed with these Skinny Cow Vanilla Bean Dream Ice Cream Sandwiches. They are dipped in thick, velvety, chocolatey coating and are totally what dreams are made of! My husband and I have a “what’s mine is yours and what’s yours is mine philosophy”….or at least he does, especially when it comes to food! Jon is always stealing a bite of my food…but I don’t mind sharing and indulging with him!
6. Go on a lunch date. Drop the kids off at grandma’s and meet your spouse for lunch.
7. Plan a REAL date night! At least once a month arrange for childcare and do something fun with your spouse! We love to get out of the house for a little while together to go to dinner, run some errands, or go grocery shopping. It’s amazing how simple errands can be so much more fun when you are child free!
How do you make time to date your spouse?
We really loved these treats from Skinny Cow! We both loved the creamy ice cream with chocolate wafers fully dipped in chocolatey coating! They are the perfect way to end a date night! Click here to find out where can find Skinny Cow ice cream treats at a store near you.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.