Mornings can be hectic in my house. Some days all three kids wake up at the same time and I have to hustle to get smoothies made, teeth and hair brushed, bags in the car, and all their little shoes on the right feet. So today I’m sharing a few ways I’ve discovered to get a jumpstart on my mornings and help everything run more smoothly!
1. Wake up before my kids. I’m like a broken record…I know I say this ALL THE TIME. But dang, it’s THE BEST thing I’ve done for myself.. Getting up a little before my kids to have some time to myself is amazing. Even if it’s just 20 or 30 minutes. Those precious minutes help me review my day, check my planner for any important deadlines or appointments, make my to-do list, and feel more prepared for the day ahead of me. It’s so nice to have the early morning all to myself. I can drink my 1850 brand coffee and just be ALONE. It’s such a great way to start the day and always makes me feel happier and more motivated to keep up with all the things I have to do during the day.
If I don’t wake up before the kids, then they are all over me, all day long. So even just a few minutes to myself make it totally worth it.
2. Make a to do list! Don’t you love how “make to do list” is on my list? It just feels so good to be able to cross something off the list right away. Make to do list…check check check! A daily to do list helps keep me on track. I’ve found that days I forget to do this always seem more scattered.
3. Shower the night before. I don’t have a lot of time in the morning to shower and wash my hair…and I have A LOT of hair…so by showering and washing my hair the night before, I save a ton of time in the morning.
4. Learn how to do a 5 minute makeup routine. Before kids, it took me forever to get ready in the morning. Now, I have my routine down to a science. Eyebrows, mascara, concealer, cc cream, bronzer, blush, and lipgloss if I’m feeling fancy. DONE.
5. Pack bags the night before. Right now, all Hudson takes to school is his bag with a change of clothes in it and a water bottle. So making sure it’s packed and ready to go the night before is pretty easy. But on days where we are going somewhere, like the zoo for example, I like to pack all of our snacks and drinks the night before. I also get stuff like sunscreen and a change of clothes for each kid packed up and ready too. I imagine when Hudson is in school full time and Sadie is in pre-school next year this will be even more important!
6. Coffee. AKA, mom fuel. Most days I’m like 90% coffee and 10% dry shampoo. First I drink the coffee, then I do the things! Like being bold! I like to start my mornings off by treating myself to a cup (or two) of 1850 brand coffee. Before becoming a mom, I was not a coffee drinker. But in the last few years I’v finally seen the light…and now I look forward to my morning cup of coffee. It gives me the energy I need to get through those hectic mornings with my kids.
I recently discovered 1850 Brand Coffee, a new premium coffee from the makers of Folgers. 1850 brand coffee is a unique blend of ground coffee that delivers bold, yet smooth taste, and is available at Meijer. Every bold life starts with a first bold choice, and 1850 brand coffee is the bold choice I need in the morning to help jumpstart my day. Back in 1850, J.A. Folger started something new and innovative to help the prospectors as they sought their fortunes. Today, there’s still no better way to get after it than with a bold-yet-smooth cup of coffee. It’s funny, because I never would have said this before becoming a mom. But now my morning cup of coffee is a must! It’s the extra boost I need to get me going in the mornings! 1850 Brand Coffee is the official coffee of bold people and mamas like me. We need it to help fuel our ides, spirits, and busy mornings filled with kids and the hustle of everyday life.
1850 Brand Coffee is available in four signature blends of ground and k-cup coffee and is also available in three ready to drink flavors. Visit Meijer from now until June 2nd and take $1 off any 1850 Brand Coffee Product with this mPerks digital coupon (while supplies last).
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and The J.M. Smucker Company, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #1850Coffee #1850CoffeeatMeijer http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”