If you are anything like me, then you are constantly in a rush to go from activity to activity with your kids. Even if it’s just errands….whenever your kids are with you things take about 10 times longer. And things get about 10 times crazier.
This girl has been so sweet and fun lately….I’ve been in the 3-4 year old trenches so much lately that I’ve forgotten how much fun 1 year olds are! Everything is new and exciting, and so so sweet. But busy….so so busy……
Every mom carries around a giant bag of necessities. But these 5 things are maybe something you wouldn’t normally think of…but are totally things you need in your bag RIGHT NOW!
1. Entertainment. If that grocery store check out lane is too long or you actually dared to go out to a restaurant with your kids, then you need some quick way to entertain them….right now we are loving these Water Wow re-usable coloring books and these finger flashlights! The Water Wow can go anywhere with you and it’s mostly mess free. The best part is once the pages dry you kids can color them over and over again. And these finger flashlights are GOLDEN when you need to quickly distract your child. They are from the dollar section at Target and both of my kids are mesmerized by them!
2. A snack! Lately Sadie has been loving these Gerber® Lil’ Beanies! They are made from the goodness of navy beans…and they have 2 grams of protein, 1 gram of fiber, and 10% Daily Value of Vitamin E per serving. Yay for a snack that’s toddler approved and good for you!
3. Lanolin. You’ve heard me sing the praises of this little product before, and I shall say it again. It’s like a miracle cream! I use it mostly on my lips but it’s come in handy during on-the-go diaper changes (for diaper rash) and even is great at healing dry skin. Sadie’s knuckles were dry this morning so I slathered her up and she’s perfect now!
4. A straw. I know it sounds silly, but I always seem to need a straw whenever I’m out with my kids! I love this straw and spill-proof silicone lid by Boon. It turns any cup in to a spill-proof cup with a straw. Genius!
5. And finally wipes. I seriously don’t know what I’d do without wipes in my bag. I use them for EVERYTHING! Clean tables at a restaurant, clean up spilled drinks in the car (actually, I’ve used them to wipe down the entire interior of my car too!), clean sticky hands….you name it, I’ve done it. I will always always have wipes in my bag…no matter how old my kids get!
What are your mom bag must-haves?
Gerber® Lil’ Beanies are baked, not made with genetically engineered ingredients, and are naturally flavored. I love feeling good about the snacks I’m giving Sadie (and Hudson too!).
You can find Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM at Target…which is awesome since we are there every single week! Right now there is a great Ibota offer where you can earn $0.75 when you buy any flavor Lil’ Beanies. Make sure to take advantage of this deal!